If you are considering the purchase of a home or other property, or if you have been unlucky enough to suffer property damage, RBC can assist with appropriate Building Surveys. Please see “Building Surveys” below.
However large or small your project is RBC can assist you with the entire construction process in whole or in part by tailoring our services to your individual needs. Please see “Construction Projects” below.
The Team and Company are both professionally Chartered and RICS Registered Valuers. Please remember that RBC make no charge for an initial consultation and quotation for our services.
Any property is a major investment, for which you will be wise to ensure that the building is structurally sound.
Where a mortgage is raised you will be asked by your lender to finance a Valuation Survey. Do not mistake this survey as providing a Building report. The Valuation Survey will purely confirm whether or not the building will provide your lender with adequate security for the loan and may not address building faults or defects if these do not effect your lender’s security, but any such faults or defects will effect the Property Owner.
There are different levels of Building Survey from a simple overview to an in-depth report which will include budget costs for any remedial works. The survey cost will vary depending upon the level of report required, the size of the building and it’s immediately apparent condition.
There are three main types of RICS survey, being a “Condition Report”, a “Homebuyers Survey” or the in-depth “Building Report” (formly Structural Survey), but the survey cost can be reduced if you feel only part of a building requires survey. Perhaps just one serious crack or damp patch, rather than the whole building. If you do instruct this option and upon survey we feel a wider survey is required, we will immediately revert to you with the reasons for our concern and offer further options.
As a guide to surveys, please see the RICS videos by clicking here (This is an external link direct to the RICS website).
You can also see examples of defects we have idenified in recent surveys by clicking here.
Generally, the “HomeBuyer Report” is ideal for conventional average size residential properties that appear to be in reasonable condition and are post 1960′s, but for properties which are either over circa 50 years old, above average size (e.g. over circa 120 m2 / 1,300 ft2) , have been extended or converted or are in need of refurbishment then the “Building Report” is normally more appropriate but RBC will happily discuss the appropriate level of survey with or without a property valuation and provide you with a competitive fixed price quotation.
Remember that when the professional eye identifies risk elements, not only do you have an opportunity to renegotiate your purchase price, but you will also avoid additional expense to repair faults that were not your original responsibility. Under such circumstances the report can easily become a very sound investment
As a “Chartered Building Consultancy” we will guide you through the entire construction process.
We can assist on Party Wall Matters as either Building Owner’s Surveyor or Adjoining Owner’s Surveyor.
By appointing a consultant to advise you on the construction and contractual matters and to manage the project, you will find the consultant’s fee a sound investment. Remember, that there will no charge for an initial consultation and quotation.
Our main areas of expertise which can be provided in whole or part and tailored to your individual requirements are:-
Where required we are able to bring together a complete project team of all professional disciplines including architecture and assist you in the tender process.
Typical services are:-
• Budget pricing of your project to ensure that is affordable.
• Assistance with Special Needs requirements.
• Building Surveying to ensure the suitability of an existing structure.
• Party Wall Agreements.
• Budget pricing of your project as the design develops to ensure that the design itself evolves within budget and where appropriate, recommending areas where the design and / or specification can be reduced to return the design to budget, or to identify savings that are evolving to enable other ideas to materialise.
• Planning and Building Control applications.
• Preparation of Bills of Quantity.
Typical services are:-
• Contract Administration and / or Project Management to level required.
• Assistance with approval of the contractor’s Health and Safety Plans and Risk Assessments.
• Seeking expressions of interest to tender from appropriate contractors.
• Discussing with you the alternative forms of Building Contract and which is most appropriate for your project.
• Preparation of Tender Documents, Programmes and Managing the whole Tender process with advice and recommendations on the requirements to be included in the documents.
• Analysing Contractor’s Tenders relative to the budget, preparing a tender comparison report and arranging to interview short listed contractors with you.
• Appointing your preferred Contractor.
• Contract Administration and Valuations with the Contractor including liaison with your Financiers (where appropriate) whilst the works are in progress.
• Advising on any contractual claims and dispute resolution.
• Manage Handover procedures.
Post Handover Phase
• Contract Administration post handover when your project is into the maintenance period.
• Latent Defects (These are defects outside the contractual maintenance period).
For home surveys we cover an area within an inland arc from Chichester to Horsham to Shoreham-By-Sea and immediate areas.Client: Residential
The photographs are examples of defects identified in recent surveys and show:- Dry Rot in timber Wet Rot in timber Structural cracking Leaning... more details »
Station Road, Wickham, HantsClient: Buildrite Ltd
Demolition of former Surgey to redevelop the site with 7 No residential unis comprising:- 2 No 2 Bedroom Apartments approximately... more details »
RBC were commissioned to undertake a Building Survey and Valuationmore details »
Boxgrove, near Chichester, West SussexClient: Domusea
RBC Surveyors were appointed to provide QS Services on this projectmore details »
South Street, Worthing, West SussexClient: Adur & Worthing Council
RBC Surveyors are the appointed Building Surveyors and Quantity Surveyors. The property is a derelict Folly dating to circa 1892... more details »
High Street, LyddClient: Property Development Partners Ltd
QS Services on 8 unit residential scheme.more details »